Hot news for IBM end users
We would like to inform you pro-actively on the new change that may impact your license compliance position.
In order to remain eligible for sub-capacity licensing for IBM software programs, deployed on the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 7
you should update your operating system within the next 180 days to one of the supported operating systems as per IBM’s policy.
This since the above listed operating systems have reached End Of Support/End Of Life on January 14th, 2020.
You need to comply with all of the below listed points, to be allowed to license only the sub-capacity of your servers:
- Install and configure ILMT/BigFix within 90 days of your initial software deployment
- Run the latest version of ILMT/BigFix
- Use the latest Software Catalog version
- Use the latest PVU table
- Use only Eligible Virtualization Technologies
- Validate if your virtual servers are detected correctly in ILMT/BigFix
- Use only Eligible Operating Systems
- Use only Eligible Processor Technologies
- Use Eligible Subcap Products
- Create and store Quarterly ILMT reports
Should you have any further questions or require assistance through our ILMT Managed Service, please do not hesitate to reach out to us for more information.
This article was published on 17-01-2020